Brushing and flossing on a regular basis can provide multiple benefits for one's oral health. However, there are other ways in which people can unintentionally harm the health of their teeth. Many people know that sugar is bad for the enamel of one's teeth but may not realize other foods can cause as much damage…
7 Reasons Why You Need to Regular Dental Visits
How essential are regular dental visits are when it comes to good oral health? The American Dental Association recommends people make regular trips to the dentist office about every six months, which is necessary for several reasons. Six months is a good time frame when it comes to checking teeth and gums to make sure that everything in a person's mouth is as healthy as it can be. If a dentist happens to find any oral issues when patients come in for a biannual appointment, then he or she is able to address these issues in a quick and timely manner.
Eevery person is diffferent
Because every dental patient is different, the six-month recommendation is a guideline only. This means it is quite common for some dentists to recommend their patients come in every three months or even every 12 months, which is going to be dependent upon a person's particular dental situation. Here are seven reasons why it is essential for everyone to visit their dentist on a regular schedule:
- Check for oral problems: Finding any oral problems before they have the chance to get really bad is one of the top reasons for why everyone should see their dentist on a regular basis
- Receive a professional tooth cleaning: A professional teeth cleaning allows for the removal of plaque, a sticky substance that can lead to several oral problems
- Achieve better sleep: Teeth grinding at night is fairly common and can get in the way of someone’s ability to sleep well; a dentist can offer solutions for better sleeping, including mouth guards
- Learn more about a specific condition: When dental patients experience any type of oral problem, they are able to ask a dentist for his or her professional suggestions
- Set a good example for kids: When parents visit a dentist on a regular basis, it sets their kids on a path to good dental hygiene; establishing good dental habits as young as possible is always a good idea
- Cosmetic reasons: There are many cosmetic procedures a dentist can perform to improve one’s smile, including dental veneers and teeth-whitening options
- Creating a connection: Establishing a connection with a dentist is going to allow for a much better relationship, which is essential for a lifetime of good oral health
The time to make an appointment is now
Regular dental visits are essential when it comes to making sure that a person's oral health is in tip-top shape. If it has been more than six months since seeing the dentist, then we are happy to let you know that we are currently accepting new patients and would love to hear from you. Our entire dental team is one that truly cares about you and your oral health. For that reason, we hope to hear from you really soon.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with Gables Exceptional Dentistry, request an appointment in our Coral Gables dental office here: https://www.gablesexceptionaldentistry.com. Or call us at (305) 203-4132.
Proper dental cleanings and examinations can keep your teeth clean and eliminate early signs of decay.Brushing and flossing your teeth is not the only way to help keep your teeth healthy. No matter how much people brush and floss, there are areas of the mouth that only a professional dentist can reach. This is where…
While many people write off regularly getting an oral exam as an unnecessary precaution, the maintenance and health of your teeth depend greatly on it. Plenty of people believe that their teeth will remain healthy without the assistance of a dentist and that oral examinations are simply a redundancy. In reality, regular at-home maintenance of…
When your teeth are not as white and bright as you would like them to be, looking into options such as teeth bleaching is always recommended. Keep in mind that even though there are many over the counter teeth bleaching options available these days, they are a one size fits all solution. When you choose…